This month’s favourite recipe is submitted by one of our members! This recipe is so healthy and is vegetarian/vegan-friendly!
- 200g Instant Lasagna Sheets
- 250g shredded cheddar cheese
- 400g can brown lentils
- 2tbsp light olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 200g swiss brown mushrooms
- 2 tsp Italian herbs
- 200g lean beef mince
- 680g passata or 2x400g cans crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable stock or 2 cubes vegetable stocks
- Salt & cracked black pepper, to taste
- Side salad or steamed vegetables of your choice
1. Pre-heat oven to 190’c (fan-forced). Lightly oil a 20cm x 30cm x 5cm deep baking dish.
2. Heat oil in large saucepan. Add onion, mushrooms, herbs and lentils, cook over high heat, stirring 3-4 minutes.
3. Add remaining sauce ingredients, return to the boil, cover, simmer 10 minutes. Add salt & pepper to taste.
4. Pour ½ cup sauce over base of dish. Cover with 3 sheets lasagna, 1 ½ cups sauce, sprinkle over ½ cup cheese. Repeat layers finishing with remaining sauce. Ensure lasagna sheets are covered completely with sauce.
5. Sprinkle with cheese, cover with foil, bake for 45 minutes. Stand 5-10 minutes before serving. Serve with a side salad or steamed vegetables of your choice.