International Men’s Health Week is celebrated every year around the world in the middle of June. It is an important opportunity to highlight men’s health and what it means to be healthy.
Men’s Health Week is designed to provoke thought and discussion about what needs to be done to improve male health.
The Importance of Men’s Health Check
Men’s health check-up many diseases that may lead to premature death are nowadays preventable through regular health checks and adopting a healthier lifestyle.
Men’s Health Check is an overall health assessment that will provide information to men about any current and potential health or wellbeing problems they need to know about.
- It is most effective to plan and work with your local health service, community health centre or a group of General Practitioners in your area who have an interest in men’s health and wellbeing
- Plan time, date and a suitable venue. Remember that men will need privacy for a health screening and guarantees of confidentiality during the process.
- The health check might involve checking weight, waist measurement and blood pressure, eye and ear checks and perhaps skin lesion and mole checks.
- The men participating should be given a report on the check to take along to their local doctor
- Health checks can be an opportunity to discuss issues like exercise, weight reduction, healthy eating and managing stress.
The Men’s Health Information and Resource Centre as part of the Western Sydney University, School of Health and Science is very proud to lead and deliver Men’s Health Week in Australia.
For more information about Men’s Health Week, visit http://menshealthweek.org.au/images/files/Useful-Mens-Health-Information-Event-Ideas-And-Contacts.pdf
Phone 6122 0150 to book an appointment or book online via HotDoc.