Exercise Physiologists Required
We are hiring!
Your Health Hub is seeking applications for two Exercise Physiologist positions available at our multi-disciplinary Medical & Allied Health Centre, located in the Hobart suburb of Bellerive. You will be joining a multidisciplinary team of Physiotherapists, Dietitians, Psychologists, Osteopath, General Practitioners and Nurse Practitioners.
2 Available Positions
- Accredited Exercise Physiologist role – minimum 1 years’ experience
- Graduate Entry Exercise Physiologist or Exercise Scientist position
The roles can either full time or part-time.
The purpose of this position is to provide a full range of exercise physiology services to clients of the practice, including but not limited to Chronic Disease management, including heart conditions, diabetes, musculoskeletal conditions, pulmonary conditions, post-surgery rehabilitation, and cancer patients, along with group exercise classes and weight loss programs.
Duties (including but not limited to):
- Conduct health & fitness assessments and set patient goals
- Create & prescribe exercise programs involving gym sessions
- Conduct individual & group training programs
- Establish relationships with clients and built rapport
- Establish relationships with other practitioners
Our client base is varied and include:
- Chronic disease management referrals (Medicare)
- Department of Veterans Affairs cardholders (DVA)
- National Disability Insurance Scheme clients (NDIS)
- Return to Work clients (Work Cover)
- Private clients, including Private Health Insurance
- Passionate about providing a quality service and contributing to the overall wellbeing of clients
- Patience and ability to effectively communicate with clients and build rapport
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proven organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Recognised qualification as an Exercise Physiologist and registration with ESSA
- Eligible for registration for a Medicare Provider number
- Current CPR certificate
- Working with Children Check
- Current National Police Check
- Current driver’s licence
How to Apply:
Send your resume, including a cover letter by email to Rosie Flockhart, Practice Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org by COB Wednesday 23rd December 2020.
Exercise Scientist Required
Your Health Hub, is seeking applications for an Exercise Scientist at our multi-disciplinary Medical & Allied Health Centre, located in the Hobart suburb of Bellerive.
You will be joining a multidisciplinary team of Physiotherapists, Exercise Physiologists, Dietitians, Psychologists, Osteopath, General Practitioners and Nurse Practitioners.
As a member of the multidisciplinary team you will apply your professional expertise in the provision of exercise programs and evaluation of client outcomes to enhance independence and quality of life
As an Exercise Scientist, you will contribute to the development, monitoring and review of approved programs to maximise the independence and quality of life for both individual targeted groups of clients through:
- Leading a range of group exercise classes
- Supervision of individualised fitness, group programs and health related activities
- Promotion of health and wellness with a fun, social approach
- Working with a wide range of capabilities, fitness levels and specialised conditions
This role is best suited to an enthusiastic and self-motivated person who is dedicated and passionate about helping people achieve their goals. You must be able to work independently, be efficient and proactive.
The role can be part time or full time.
- Accreditation with ESSA
- Current Police Check
- Current First Aid & CPR certificate
How to Apply:
Send your resume, including a cover letter by email to Rosie Flockhart, Practice Manager email@example.com by COB Wednesday 30th December 2020.