This National Diabetes Week it’s about time you took the time for ‘you’. YOUR health is important.
Diabetes Affects more Australian’s than ever before but there are many ways you can take control and reduce the risk of complications. Managing diabetes can be daunting and confusing; if you would like practical solutions to manage your diabetes through exercise and diet, organise a consultation with one of our Accredited Exercise Physiologist or Accredited Practising Dietitians at Your Health Hub.
Diabetes and Exercise
Regular exercise is important for managing all types of diabetes. Exercising Regularly can assist with maintaining control of blood glucose levels.
For people with diabetes, regular exercise can:
- Improve how insulin works in the body (e.g. increased insulin sensitivity and reduced insulin resistance)
- Decrease the dose of insulin required
- Improve cardiovascular health and fitness
- Reduce cardiovascular risk factors
- Decrease the risk of diabetes-related complications
- Improve quality of life
- Reduce the symptoms of depression.
Recipe: Moroccan Chicken Tagine: https://www.healthyfoodguide.com.au/recipes/2017/june/moroccan-chicken-tagine