Diabetes Affects more Australian’s than ever before but there are many ways you can take control and reduce the risk of complications.
Managing diabetes can be daunting and confusing; if you would like practical solutions to manage your diabetes through exercise and diet, organise a consultation with one of our Accredited Exercise Physiologist or Accredited Practising Dietitians at Your Health Hub.
Diabetes and Exercise
For people with diabetes, regular exercise can:
- Improve how insulin works in the body (e.g. increased insulin sensitivity and reduced insulin resistance)
- Decrease the dose of insulin required
- Improve cardiovascular health and fitness
- Reduce cardiovascular risk factors
- Decrease the risk of diabetes-related complications
- Improve quality of life
- Reduce the symptoms of depression.
Recipe: Moroccan Chicken Tagine: https://www.healthyfoodguide.com.au/recipes/2017/june/moroccan-chicken-tagine