Are you looking for a new idea for what to cook this Australia day other than sausages?
Try this healthy recipe recommended by one of our Accredited Practising Dietitians!
Cajun BBQ Chicken Tortillas
Time to make: 30 mins
- 300g skinless chicken thigh fillets, halved
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 2 medium zucchinis, sliced
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 capsicums (1 red, 1 yellow), thickly sliced
- 425g can Mexe beans or red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 4 wholegrain tortillas
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat Greek-style yoghurt
Spray chicken fillets with olive oil and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of the Cajun seasoning. Cover chicken and set aside.
Arrange the vegetables on a large baking tray in a single layer. Spray with olive oil and sprinkle vegies with half of the remaining seasoning. Turn and repeat on the other side in order to evenly coat the vegetables.
Preheat barbecue hotplate to medium-high heat. Grill the vegetables for 8–10 minutes, turning often until tender. Remove from heat and cool for 5 minutes.
Reduce heat to medium. Cook chicken for 6 minutes, turn, and cook for a further 2 minutes, or until cooked through. Rest for a few minutes. Then slice.
Meanwhile, roughly chop the vegetables and place in a large bowl with any juices. Add the beans and coriander; toss to combine.
Serve Cajun chicken and vegetables with the tortillas, and a dollop of yoghurt.