If you’re over 60, it’s easy to blame everything on “getting older”.
There are some problems of getting older and you may be told that nothing can be done about it. This includes aches and pains difficulty turning your head backing the car, sciatica, stiff back, sore knees and headaches.
However, osteopathy can help.
Why Osteopath for seniors?
Osteopathy is a treatment modality that is ideal for seniors.
Treatment for involves
- Questioning about ongoing and new complaints as well as assessment of walking and joint movements such as hips shoulders, elbows and knees.
- Gentle stretching and soft tissue work may substantially ease tightness and discomfort in muscles surrounding painful joints.
- Gently moving joints around and encouraging them to move a little further as well as techniques to release the peripheral nerves may help relieve pain and improve mobility and balance.
Here are some conditions that Osteopathy can help
- Stiffness and immobility.
- Sciatica and nerve referral to the arms and hands.
- Weakness in one leg, arm or hand.
- Difficulty with daily tasks, walking and driving.
- Pain in the neck, back, hips, knees, ankles and shoulders.
- Headaches and sleeping problems.
- Digestive disorders, reflux constipation and bloating.
- Problems after surgery.
How many treatments are needed?
For acute conditions, 3-4 treatments are mostly required.
Chronic or long standing conditions may take longer 6 or more treatments depending on the nature of your condition and how you respond to treatment.
How long are treatments?
Treatment times are: 1 hour for initial and 40 minutes for subsequent treatments.
Do I need a referral?
No referral is needed as osteopaths are primary health care providers. Holders of private health insurance “extras” may claim directly for treatments.
At Your Health Hub, our Osteopath Matt Blackburn specialises in the treatment and management of musculo-skeletal problems.
If you would like to book in with Matt, contact us today.