Each assessment varies depending on the clients’ current needs and future goals.
At Your Health Hub our Occupational Therapists offer services to aged care, adults and children. This involves both home visits and one-on-one treatments in the consultancy rooms at the hub.
What services are available?
- Home assessment and modifications
- Provision of personal alarms
- Cognitive Assessment
- Provision of education, strategies and adaptive equipment
- Referral to on-site programs led by the multidisciplinary team at the Hub
- Provision of information on local services (e.g. home care and social groups)
- Assessment and treatment in paediatrics
- Manual handling education, ergonomic assessments and energy conservation strategies
We are a multidisciplinary team at the Your Health Hub who recognises the importance of multifaceted health programs for our clients.
For further information on occupational therapy or any other services available please contact the Your Health Hub on 6122 0150
Occupational Therapy is a person-centred profession that aims to promote health through effective participation in everyday occupations. An Occupational Therapist defines your occupations as your tasks and activities that you complete throughout your day.
Did you know…..
Our occupations throughout our day are individualised and may differ from others due to our cultural beliefs, our values, our social status, our age or even our gender.
At Your Health
Occupational Therapy is unique in the way that it does not solely focus on the physical limitations of an injury or illness but also considers the psychological and social limitations that may occur.
“You treat a disease: you win, you lose. You treat a person, I guarantee you, you will win, no matter what the outcome.” – Patch Adams
To truly understand how a person functions in their everyday life, an Occupational Therapist will assess an individuals’ occupational performance (how we perform in our daily tasks and environment). This may include considerations of:
- Your behavioural patterns
- Self-maintenance and leisure
- Physical, cognitive, relationship with self and relationships with others
- Mind, body and spirit
- Social, cultural and other environmental influences.