Roast Veg Quinoa salad
- 1/2 pumpkin (chopped)
- 1 beetroot (chopped)
- 1 red capsicum (chopped)
- 1 eggplant (chopped)
- 1 head of broccoli (chopped)
- 2 carrots (sliced)
- herbs and spices to flavor (I recommend Masterfoods garlic and herb seasoning)
- 5 mushrooms (sliced)
- 120g rocket and spinach mix Quinoa
- 1 Cup quinoa (rinsed well)
- 2 Cups of water or stock Dressing
- 4 tbs tahini – 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove (crushed) or 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- add water to thin down as needed
Method – Quinoa
- In a sieve rinse quinoa well until water from it runs clear.
- Bring 2 cups water/stock to boil – add quinoa and reduce to simmer for 15-20 mins with lid on, stirring occasionally – when water absorbed and quinoa has tiny spirals (the germ) showing then it’s cooked.
- Stand covered for 5 mins with lid on – fluff quinoa with a fork.
Method – Vegetables
- Preheat oven to 180 (fan-forced).
- Chop all veggies (except spinach and mushrooms) into the same size and add to over a tray (or 2!) Lined with baking paper.
- Cover with seasonings and spices (Get creative!) and cook for 30-40mins.
Method – Dressing
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and whisk together until smooth.
- Add water to thin to the consistency that you want.
- Bring all components together in a big bowl and add in fresh vegetables – spinach and mushrooms.
- This recipe can be easily adapted to suit your preferences such as – try or swap in roasted sweet potato, cauliflower, zucchini.
- Add in some healthy fats (think seeds, nuts or cheese).
- Add in lean protein (chicken, tofu, Tempeh, red meat, chickpeas).
Hope you like my recipe. Feel free to send us a picture if you get a chance to cook it 🙂
Accredited Practising Dietitian.