Matt’s passion for osteopathy started through ongoing back and neck problems in his late 20’s. This led him to study yoga, massage and other body therapies and later Osteopathy.
Matt enthusiastically continues with ongoing training, study groups and practice sessions with another osteopath.
He believes it is important to consider other aspects of a client’s condition such as pathologies, for example diabetes, thyroid, mental health and lifestyle issues that may relate to the presenting complaint.
Matt believes in the principles of Osteopathy which guide his treatment approach. He aims to help improve the structure and function of the body and encourage self-healing capabilities.
Matt helps clients manage their conditions and improve their health through appropriate exercise and by making positive changes in their lifestyles.
“I prefer to work in a non-forceful manner using techniques such as myofascial release, inhibition, joint articulation, muscle energy technique, neuro-meningeal and visceral manipulation, Osteopathy in the cranial field and Biodynamics of Osteopathy.” Matt.
When not working, Matt enjoys exploring the Tasmanian outdoors, camping, hiking and festivals, as well as singing, salsa, saxophone and piano.
Special Interest Areas
- Back pain and sciatica
- Neck and shoulder stiffness and pain
- Headaches and migraines
- Stiffness, joint swelling and immobility in the elderly
- Pelvic pain
- Hip, knee, elbow, jaw and ankle pain
- Arthritis and chronic conditions such as fibromyalgia
- Muscular skeletal pain associated with pregnancy.
- Bachelor of Applied Science,
- Masters in Osteopathy.
- Member of Osteopathy Australia
Role in the hub – Osteopath
- One on one consultations
- Matt specialises in the treatment and management of musculo-skeletal problems and conditions
- Matt works with people of all ages from children to the elderly.
- Matt is particularly interested in working with the elderly and believe that Osteopathy is especially suited to them
- His treatments are 1 hour for initial appointments and 40 minutes for subsequent treatments.
- I like to give appropriate exercises, stretching and lifestyle advice so that patients can help themselves improve and manage their conditions.
- My approach is gentle and I rarely do manipulations. I use mostly soft tissue, articulation, myofascial release and osteopathic cranial techniques.