Name: Matt Blackburn
- Bachelor of Applied Science,
- Masters in Osteopathy.
- Member of Osteopathy Australia
Role in the hub – Osteopath
- One on one consultations – I specialize in the treatment and management of musculo- skeletal problems and conditions such as:
- I work with people of all ages from children to the elderly. I am particularly interested in working with the elderly and believe that Osteopathy is especially suited to them
- My treatments are 1 hour for initial appointments and 40 minutes for subsequent treatments.
Special Interest Areas
- Back pain and sciatica
- Neck and shoulder stiffness and pain,
- Headaches and migraines,
- Stiffness, joint swelling and immobility in the elderly
- Pelvic pain
- Hip, knee, elbow, jaw and ankle pain
- Arthritis and chronic conditions such as fibromyalgia
- Muscular skeletal pain associated with pregnancy.
- I like to give appropriate exercises, stretching and lifestyle advice so that patients can help themselves improve and manage their conditions.
- My approach is gentle and I rarely do manipulations. I use mostly soft tissue, articulation, myofascial release and osteopathic cranial techniques.