Managing Director & Nurse Practitioner
- Masters health science (Nurse Practitioner)
- Bachelor Nursing
- Graduate certificate Aged Care and Dementia
- Graduate Certificate Palliative Care
- Graduate Certificate Neuromedical / Neurosurgical Nursing
- Associate Diploma Business Management
Role in the hub:
- Health Hub Owner and Managing Director
- One on one consultations with clients and thier families
- Healthy ageing program
- Cognitive testing (Memory assessments)
- Brain Health
- Physical Assessments
- Chronic Disease Management
- Lifestyle Assessment / Management
- Dementia Diagnosis and Management
- Motivational Counselling
- Advanced Care Directives
- Illness prevention
- 12 week weight loss program. For both Adults and Paediatrics
- Rural Outreach aged care services to both the east coast and Nubeena
- Mental Health for the Aged Outreach
Special interest areas:
- Health and wellness
- Aged care
- Weight loss
- Womens and men’s health
- Chronic illness particularly neurodegenerative disorders
- Multidisciplinary team work
- Carer support
- Decreasing Fragmentation of care.
- The importance of family
Aged Care and Dementia
Lisa has extensive experience and post Graduate Qualifications in the Assessment and Diagnosis of almemory related conditions in both the young (early onset) and over 60s, as well as Neurodegenerative disorders such as Parkinsons Disease, and the associated conditions of chronic disease and Ageing.
She Also has Post Graduate qualifications in Neuromedical and Neurosurgery from Royal Prince Alfred Hospital in Sydney where she worked with prominent nationally renowned Neurologists and Clinicians for 6 years.
She then went on to complete her Palliative Care Certification that she is incredibly passionate about.
Following this time she was recruited from SYDNEY by Calvary Hospital Hobart to set up the Neuromedical / Neurosurgical Unit which she managed for the next 4 years.
The following 15 years were clinically spent between setting up Calvary Hobart’s first Rehab unit at the then St Johns Hospital – as a Nurse Manager, to 9 years as an Emergency Nurse at St HELENS Hospital until we relocated to the newly built Hobart Private Hospital Emergency
Then she was recruited to set up the Hobart Private Rehabilitation Services and managed for 4 years.
She worked as a Community Nurse, in Rural Outreach and in General Practice at The Eastern Shore Doctors whilst she completed her Nurse Practitioner Masters as well as upon becoming endorsed
This toolkit of skills and experience enable her during these clinics to provide multidimensional assessment for the memory clinic clients, carers and family compliment my practice enabling her to even further assist with helping patients achieve maximum diagnostic outcomes, care coordination and support.
She works in collaboration with Dr David Dunbabbin an Dr Frank Nicklason – specialist Geriatricians and Old Age Psychiatrists.